miércoles, 27 de enero de 2016

The languages in my life and how I see it.





I think that living in this world knowing just your own language isolates you from the amazing things that you can experience knowing other languages, you can’t experience fully a song in another language if you don’t know the words, or read a book from the original script, and it’s not the same watching movies and series with the subtitle all the time or dubbed.
Learning English it can be  lot  easier than other languages, because is everywhere, is one of the most spoken language, so you will find the majority of foreign books translated to English first, or the movies or the signs from the cities, so if you look it from this perspective, it can be more accessible than others. But as all the things, it can be difficult for some people and easier for others, it helps if people have been learning the language since they  were little, although it’s really important your motivation for learning.
Studying English it’s amazing, when you learn the vocabulary and you get to express yourself better in a language that is not the native one, opens a lot of doors in your life, and it’s more comfortable.
I started to learn English at 13, before that,  I was really bad  at it and I didn't know anything, but I listened to Demi Lovato and Justin Bieber and I really wanted to understand what they were saying, so one day, I print their lyrics in Spanish and English and with three dictionaries, I sat at my desk one summer and started learn everything I could, I put my cellphone in English, and all my social network, and that’s how I learned, no one pushed me to learn the language and that’s why everything was quickly and funny, I did not feel I had to learn for a note or school, I learned English because I was enjoying every second of it.

Written By Valentina Báez.

1 comentario:

  1. Really interesting! Everyday is a new day to learn and improve ourselves btw I love Demi Lovato too.
    I started learning english with Guns N' Roses haha :)

    ResponderEliminar